The Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators, formed in 1971 by a group of Los Angeles based writers for children, is the only international organization to offer a variety of services to people who write, illustrate, or share a vital interest in children's literature.
SCBWI in New England
The New England region was established in 1972 as the very first SCBWI region. For New England residents, membership in SCBWI automatically confers membership in one of the three New England regions at no additional fee: New England North (Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont), New England Central (Massachusetts), and New England South (Connecticut and Rhode Island).
New England SCBWI resources include:
- Critique Groups
- Regional Listserv
- Regional Email List
- Regional Newsletter
- CONNECTIONS Speaker Directory
- NESCBWI Member Blogs
- Annual Regional Conference
- Workshops and Events
- Memory Fund
- New England SCBWI on Facebook
New England is an active and busy region for writers and illustrators of children's books and magazines. Over the years, our members have published at least 4,000 books and nearly 3,000 stories, articles, poems, games, plays and essays. Read the News & Events section of this website for up-to-date information about all that we have to offer, and the History section for more information about our rich past.
- 2/1/13 - 2/3/13 - 14th Annual SCBWI Winter Conference in New York
- 2/6/13 - 27th Annual New England Spring Conference Registration opens
- 3/21/13 - 3/23/13 - Whispering Pines Writer's Retreat
- 05/3/13 - 05/5/13 - 27th Annual New England Spring Conference in Springfield, MA
- Summer 2013 - Annual SCBWI Summer Conference in Los Angeles
- 09/28/13 - ENCORE at Rhode Island College
- 11/2/13 - 3rd Annual Children's Book Illustrators Symposium at New Hampshire Institute of Art
2013 Regional Conference
Sheraton Springfield Monarch Place
One Monarch Place
Springfield, Massachusetts 01144
If you 'registered' prior to 11am on Feb 6th and your conference confirmation # is LESS THAN 52039096, then please contact us immediately at reg.nescbwi @ gmail (.) com!